We’re data geeks here in the Concur Platform team. With Super Bowl XLVIII around the corner, we couldn’t help but collect a few stats:
- $150M is what fans, sponsors, media, and visitors spent last year
- 108.7M watched last year
- 400,000 fans are expected in New York this year.
- Tickets are now $1,643-$25,550 a pop.
- Companies will spend up to $4M for a 30-second ad.
Did Someone Say Snacks?
Top snacks on Super Bowl Sunday? USA Today reports that about 27% of watchers eat some kind of veggie, 22% eat chips, 18% eat pizza and 16% eat soup. *I’m going pizza, pepperoni and sausage.
Getting Back to Work: Apps for Travelers
I’m watching from the couch. But let’s pretend I had sideline tickets to the game and a 7:00 AM business meeting the next day, in California. Here’s a few apps I’d have handy:
- TripIt: Put all your itinerary plans “automagically” in one place.
- MTA.info: A local public transportation must-have.
- TaxiMagic: Find a cab quickly.
- ParkNFly: Reserve a car at corporate rates and earn points.
- TravelText: Text expenses right to your Concur account.
What travel apps are on your device?
- Tell us about it @Concur and use #ConcurAPI
- Find new solutions in the Concur App Center
- Build apps for travelers: developer.concur.com